Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (HVO)
The world is facing climate crisis. It’s crucial that corporate move towards more sustainable source of fuels.
For the longest time, biofuels / biodiesel such as Used Cooking Oil Methyl Ester (UCOME), Fatty Acid Methyl Esters (FAME) has been the most common source of bio-based fuel. UCOME and FAME though sustainable has their shortcomings.
Some of UCOME and FAME shortcomings include:
- unstable and easily oxidize
- tend to absorb moisture, this is more prominent in Asia’s humid climate
- the absorbed moisture in turn create bacteria problem
- high chance of causing clog or gumming in diesel engine components
Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (HVO) is known by various names such as :
– Hydrotreated Esters and Fatty Acids (HEFA), Hydrogenation-Derived Renewable Diesel (HDRD), Hydrotreated Renewable Diesel (HRD),
– Renewable Diesel (RD) Fuel, Renewable Synthetic Diesel Fuel, Bio‐Derived Diesel, Biomass‐Based Diesel, Renewable Hydrocarbon Diesel (RHD),
– R98.9 Diesel Fuel, RD975, R99.9, R100
Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (HVO) is:
- derived from various bio-based feedstocks
- stable and less susceptible to oxidation and absorbing moisture, meaning it can be stored longer with marginal deterioration
- 100% HVO’s performance close to fossil-based diesel, meeting various requirements such as EN590 or EN15940 or ASTM D975
- many engine makers endorse HVO as a viable and equivalent alternative to fossil-based diesel
- higher quality than UCOME and FAME, which in turn the price is significantly higher
Yes, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (HVO) is available in Asia. HVO is available in:
- 200 Litres Drum, 1000 Litres IBC Tote Tank
- 24000 Litres ISO Tank
- Vessel Load
- Direct Vessel Bunkering
However due to the extremely high demand for HVO, lead time is long.
Contact Us via email [email protected] to indicate your interest. So that we can get in touch with you once supply is available.